First Time Visit? Here's what you need to know.
First time consultations are a great way for a doctor and patient to get to know one another, and for each party to start off on the same page.
Please make sure that you bring the following items to your Kaplan Sleep Solutions appointment:
· A valid photo ID (if over 18)
· A possible method of payment
· Any health insurance cards
· Please complete all patient information emailed to you prior to your appointment
· Any recent Sleep Studies if you have it available
· Any dental/mouth x-rays that have been taken in the past six months
Better Sleep Means Better Days
It isn't just a catchphrase, it is fact. The better you sleep, the better you will feel, the better you will preform. Take charge of your health today!
When you come in for your first consultation here is what you can expect:
Dr. Kaplan will sit down with you and review your chief concerns and reasons for coming in.
He will review any previous sleep testing you may have had.
Dr. Kaplan will discuss your health history and medications as well as your sleep habits.
Our team will show the variety of appliances we offer, and go over the specifics of each one.
We will also review any concerns you may have regarding TMD or jaw issues.
Along with a TMJ workup, Dr. Kaplan will also examine your mouth (briefly and non-invasively) to determine whether or not your dentition can support an appliance.